Monday, May 12, 2008

MINI OLYMPICS 5/8/2008





Every year Jasper Elementary has the mini Olympics.  Last year was a bit stressful as I had three kids involved and competing - so I was all over the place.  This year is was much easier with just two.

Sierra's country was Japan.  She kept saying Mi How (sp) but I am pretty sure that is Chinese for hello - I do know it is NOT Japanese.   She competed in the Marathon (not really that long - more like 100 yard dash), buddy walkers, running long jump and the tug-a-war.

Cody's country was Canada.  He competed in dodgeball, sack race, bass masters and 100 meter yard dash.  

Sierra was just happy go lucky the entire time regardless of how she did.  Cody was more of the glass is 1/2 empty depending on how he did.  

Creed just played and ran around most of the time.  It was interesting keeping him where I could find him.  I always dress him in yellow or a bright color when we are going to be in a crowd where he just might leave my side.

I wanted to add video of it but it keeps having an error...  Maybe the video is just too long - so photos will have to do. :)


3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am glad you finally got this thing going. I love the pics, they're cute. We're excited to come there. And that is chinese but its Ni Hau (there is a show called Ni Hau Ki Lan where they speak chinese some of the time, like Diego and Dora but chinese) Anyway, I like the blog.

Jamie said...

Good job on starting over. You don't want a reputation as being the worst blogger in the family :) Seriously I don't know how you're not totally addicted to blogging. I know I am. Looking forward to seeing more! Your kids are so GROWN UP!
Love love
Jamie
austinfamilyfun.blogspot.com

Heather said...

It is so nice to have you back in to the blogging world. I would just click on your link everyday just to hope that you had a new post. I figured that you must have forgot how to get into or something. I guess it doesn't help that you are pretty busy trying to raise a family, animals, and run a ranch! We are excited to see you in a couple months.