Friday, April 3, 2009

St. Louis Trip - Creed's Birthday

We needed a birthday party and we needed to visit the temple so what did we do?  We picked the kids up after school on Wed. and headed to St. Louis Missouri.  Creed was very excited.  He has never had  a traveling birthday party before.  Throughout the trip we had presents for him to open.  Grandma Janet's present had arrived on Wed. so we had that as well.  After Barry and I got back from the temple we headed off to the St. Louis City Museum.  What a place!  It is more like a great big activity museum in down town St. Louis.  Everything for the most part was from, what I would guess, recycled things.  There were endless things to climb on and through.  Several slides and some secret passage ways.  They also had an aquarium (cost extra but was worth it for us) that also had different animals and some fun areas where you could touch the animals and fish.  SO if you are ever in St. Louis and need something different to do - this is the place.  



Little sisters!

Butt shot - I wanted a photo of them all with Barry on the bed and this is what I got.  They were fighting for a spot to sit next to him and then decided this would be more fun.  


I am going to put build one of these for our home!  Time out kids in the tower!

All of that metal web is to climb over and through and on.  It was pretty impressive, it is hard to tell from a photo.

Going up!

A slide from the second floor to the main floor.  Weeeee!

Cameron in one of the many cage like tunnels.







Dad to the rescue! 



Hanging over the balls - It is not a small drop - look at Creed below.





Oh dear - Cameron looks like he is laughing so hard he might drool!

Cody waiting to go down the seven story twirly slide - yes I said SEVEN STORIES.  I went on it too - what was I thinking?  Man was a dizzy!




Can you tell where Creed got his brown eyes?




Somewhat normal parents.

Not so normal parents.

A wall of glass bottles.

If you look really close in the tank you can see a rather large (HUGE) snapping turtle.



Look up Doctor Fish - they are so fun and creepy all at the same time.  If you stick your hand in the water they will suck on your skin.  It does not hurt but is a strange feeling.  Barry wanted to get some for the children's program but they are illegal to purchase from what we can tell because they are a species of carp that do not live in the US.



Creed in a tunnel that goes through one of the larger aquariums with sharks in it.






This is in the skateless skate park.




A very LARGE pencil.  That is real carbon on the end and there was an eraser on the other side as well. 



Creed riding the train.

More climbing!




This was a huge hallowed out tree that you could climb through.

8 comments:

Jen said...

That looks like fun! You guys are so cute!

Bobbi Lee said...

Way fun! I'm totally wanting to head over to St. Louis now. Glad Creed had a great birthday adventure!

Jenn said...

Was this at the Children's Museum? A lady in our ward used to live in St. Louis and she said a lot of the stuff like the museum, zoo, etc. was free. Is this true? It looks so fun! We'll definitely have to go there if we're ever in the neighborhood.

Jennifer said...

That looks awesome! I may have to go there. Looks like you could of spent hours there.
Cody is looking so OLD, he's all grown up... Cameron too, but man Cody looks so much older since I saw him last, maybe it's the haircut??!!!

Heather said...

That place looks like it is HUGE!! There was tons of stuff for the kids to do. Now I know that there would be something else to do when our vacation is going to St. Louis to see the Chicago Cubs play there! That is how I have to plan vacations so I am always looking for other things to do besides the baseball game!

5Kgoatgirl said...

It really was a fun place to go - also if you are in St. Louis the Zoo is free and is quite large. I think when I went a year or so ago when I googled it it was top 10 in the US. St. Louis has a lot to do.

Laura K said...

Wow! That looks like a fun place even for old kids like mine. Glad Creed had such a fun birthday with the family!

Mick and Tiff said...

That looks like a great place. YOu got a ton of fun pictures. So I think we need a picture posted of Cameron's new and improved mouth.