Sunday, July 12, 2009

Family Visitors & 4th of July (Warning: LONG)

4th of July has come and gone. It is a fun holiday we think. For the last 5 years, I think, we have had a fireworks show at the ranch. Last year my mom, sister and nephew came and they liked it so much they came back again this year. We also had Bob, Leslie, Jenny, Jimmy, Jaime, Bobbie Lee, Matt and Bryson visiting from Barry's side of the family. It was fun to get to see everyone all at the same time. So here is my LONG blog of misc. photos throughout my families visit.

Creed and Stanton settling right in with one another.






Yes, Jennifer is working on her vacation....


This is Sierra's tea party. We were told the "rules": no elbows on the table, no talking too loud and you must raise your pinky when your drinking or eating.
We were all from different places. Jennifer was from Hawaii and her name was Flora, Grandma Janet was from Colorado and she was Lady Jane, Cody was from Australia and he was Kriky, I was from Texas and I was Farmer Diamond, Stanton was from Mexico and he was Pedro and Creed was from Robot World and he was Optimus Prime.



I think Cody enjoyed the party the most....NOT!





Jennifer organized a "decorating a 4th t-shirt" activity. The kids showed them off on the fourth, as you will see below, later in this forever blog post.





Cameron eating the breakfast offered after the race - a big plate of pancakes and sausage... oh dear!

After Jennifer and I ran our 1/2 marathon in the spring, we decided we needed to add another race to our schedule to keep us running after the 1/2 was over. I found one to run, the Firecracker 5K in Rogers AR, on the 4th of July. (Jennifer did do an unscheduled race - Ragnar - 179 mile relay before our big 5K.)




Sierra, Cameron and is fancy "after running a 5K on stupid hills" hair do.

This is a friend of Cameron's, Jeremy Chaplic. He was running as a Sr. in high school when Cameron started running in the 5th grade.

Barry hurt his back a few days before the race so he stayed in bed instead of getting up at 4:30 am to drive an 1 & 1/2 to the race. This is only Sierra's 3rd 5K and she didn't feel ready to run alone so I took Barry's job and ran with her. It was kind of fun running with her as a coach. She only broke into tears once...it was a HARD race. There were two hills right in the middle and since it was an out and back you did them twice... but she finished with a big kick at the end and ran it in 34 minutes.

I told Jennifer when we signed up that it said it was a rolling hill kind of race... um that was a total understatement. When we saw her headed back I asked her if she felt like she was doing Ragnar again - she looked at me with an UGH look on her face and said, "Seriously!" in disgust. I had to laugh a little.

Jennifer came all the way from Utah to place 3rd in her age division. Show off!


Sierra checking out the stuff we won in the raffle. Expensive hair products.

The dessert table - YUM. Creme braille (sp) included.

Bobbi Lee, Matt and Bryson came to visit us on the 4th too!

Cody showing off his shirt he made - can you tell how excited he is about it?


It's always fun when Grandma comes. :)
Sierra was lucky enough to have two Grandma's there for the 4th of July this year.

Sierra taking Aaron down.
I like how she rolled up her sleeve.

I think I look just like my mom and sister. The girl at the Dollar General thinks so too.

Red top boots for the 4th.

Our kids are starting to look too grown up...ugh!

Oh, that's better - maybe not so grown up anymore.

Jenny & Jimmy

Leslie and her family came for the 4th of July. It was nice to have Barry's side of the family visiting as well.

Keith & Bob

Barry enjoying some ribs.

Is this the new version of children of the corn?

Bubba was our waiter for the night.

Jaime eating watermelon in her appropriate attire.


2009 Wranglers - yes we are wranglers sometimes too.




Cameron, Creed & Stanton on a "joy ride".

Photo Aaron took from across the valley - if you click on it you can really see how small the lodge looks next to the fireworks and how you are just right under them.

July 5 - Stanton, Sierra, Cameron, Cody, Creed and Sierra went out berry picking (they didn't come back with much except muddy feet!) It was hot so we hit the pool!







Jennifer's fancy jump with the hula hoop.






What are they doing you ask? For some reason the idea of jumping in as a letter came about.
They were trying to make the letter "X" - they failed the first time and not sure if the second was much better.


I cannot believe how fast my kids are growing up. Cody looks like a YM, almost.


Brother love...oh dear.


Finally got a photo where they were almost all looking a the camera - if you look at this photo big there is a fly on the end of Creed's nose.

Creed the shark.


Jennifer taking photos with my digital camera that can go under water
(Olympus)








7 comments:

Jen said...

Cute pics, you are brave to actually test out the camera under water, I think even if it was waterproof I would still be scared to try it!

Jennifer said...

Um.... who is that girl with those blinding white legs... wow she should really get out more.

5Kgoatgirl said...

I don't see any girl I just see a big bright light and Cameron...he he he.

Unknown said...

You've done fireworks at the ranch for longer than 5 years. We haven't been there since Sierra was a baby and that was the first year you guys did them.

MAstle said...

Just one question: Is there a fashion rule for wearing jeans with cowboy boots? I assume the jeans have to be Wranglers, but I'm wondering about the rule for positioning the pant leg with the boot. Does the pant leg go over, in, or above the boot, and does getting dressed involve super glue?

Jamie said...

We are very excited that we will be within driving distance from you guys! Maybe for the 4th of July next year we can vacation there!

Jennifer said...

Can't wait to do it all again next year!