Friday, July 17, 2009

Blackberries!

Blackberries

Not to be confused with Barry - which is spelled with an "a" not an "e"
(Really I just wanted to use this photo somehow)

The berries are ripe and ready - I have picked enough I think to make seven 8 ounce jars of jam. Now to find a good recipe. All these years we have owned the ranch I have never set out to pick a bunch of berries and now that I have I can see why. The bushes are MEAN but the berries are oh so good!

3 comments:

Mick and Tiff said...

Good thing you clarified the Barry (Berries). I was a little confused!! ha. I do like that photo though. I see why you wanted to use it.

Jennifer said...

You should make blackberry ice cream....YUM

Heather said...

I love fresh blackberries. I picked some along a hiking trail when I went to visit my friend in North Carolina and we were in heaven. They are yummy!