Wednesday, July 14, 2010

UTAH

Cody, Sierra, Creed and myself headed out to Utah the first part of June this year.  I had another crazy idea to sign up for a wild race called the Wasatch Back.  It is a relay that consists of 12 runners and a 188 mile course through the mountains of Utah.  Jennifer my sister is actually to blame for it, as usual she is there behind these ideas. We went out a week and a 1/2 before the race so I could acclimate to the thinner air.  Here are some photos of our trip

 
This is a National Forest that is just outside of Laramie, WY.  We stopped her to stretch our legs for a bit.  It is a really neat area.
 



Cody climbed a boulder he was not suppose to... I asked the silly question of how he was going to get down.  


Bare feet and all.  Oh Cody...sigh.

 

We went to the aquarium one day...

 

 

 

The puppy we transported for Laura liked playing with Sage in her temporary home. 



Daniel and his family came later that week from Denver, Co. to visit as well.

 



As a child I always loved going to Wheeler Farm.  I thought it would be neat to take the kids.





 

I think Cody was having the best time, more than anyone else. :)



Creed LOVED the tractors.  Creed did say to me."No offense but this place is better than the ranch."  I think it was all of the extra tractors.




One night we went over to have a family/cousin get together on the Johnson side of the family.  I took more photos but they were blurry.  Boo. Regardless of how many good photos I got, we still had a great time.









When it was time to go, Creed walked up to Keith and said, "See you after your mission."  We all realized it would be two years before we see him again.




The next afternoon we had another cousin's get together on the Astle side of the family.  This time they were shorter and actually first cousins once removed.  








I loved watching these three playing rock, paper, scissor... too cute!

 






Not really sure what Staton is doing...hmmm. 



It was great hanging out with all of our relatives.  Little and big. 

Erik needed a photo for Grandpa's wall.  Guess I should give it to his parents or Grandpa. 


 






 

It was a great trip... can't wait to go back and visit again. 

1 comment:

Jen said...

SO much fun to see you guys!