It was that time a year again... Silver Dollar City's Run to the Lights 5K. In the past it has been just Cameron and I running this race, then Barry joined in and now we have made it an FFA - Forced Family Activity. It's a fun race and there is always yummy hot chocolate or apple cider at the end and of course the awesome Christmas cookies. This year Barry at 7 cookies and made himself sick...oops. That is what happens when you get the munchies after the race.
Cameron had just run the state x-country meet a week prior and the conditions were wet and slick so he took it easy and ran an 18:44 and came in 7th overall out of 1015 people. I wish I could say that. :)
Cody improved his time by 4 minutes from last years race and ran a 25:37 - all his hard work in x-country shows. He was 123rd.
Sierra beat me...sigh. She improved her time by a min. She did not train at all this time.... she came in 319th with a time of 31:16
Next I came huffing and puffing in... I had not trained much either...sad isn't it? I was 340th with a time of 31:48
Creed and Barry ran together. Creed was 592nd and ran a 39:33 with Barry right behind him at 593rd and a time of 39:37. Creed actually took 2 min. off of his time last year.
Riding the tram to the park entrance.
This light tree is pretty impressive...it does all kinds of light patterns with the music that is playing.
This year we went a bit earlier and rode a couple of the rides.
The rides shut down so we sat around for a bit....
The the rain came and the temps started to drop. This is how Creed was staying dry.
We finally had to take shelter under a porch... I think the waiting was getting to all of us.
Just before we went to go line up...
No comments:
Post a Comment