Friday, January 22, 2010

Hiking!

One day I was discussing with Barry on something I could do on my non-running days besides sit around. He suggested I hike at the ranch. Good idea I thought, I can bring Marlin, the wonder puppy, and wear him out while I get some exercise that isn't running. Besides the hills we get me ready for Wasatch Back/Ragnar.

We set off our on 2 1/2 or so mile hike - Ookii decided to come along.


Taking a little break, I am out of shape and Marlin is still young.

What? You want to go up that hill?



Marlin thinks he is Ookii's buddy but Ookii says different.


Zonked!

The next day (yesterday) was to be a running day BUT we decided that since the ranch is not busy why not hike Indian Creek on the National Buffalo River. I had never been.



Jason is the fasted hiker/walker I know - do you see him waaaaay down at the bottom of the hill?

It had rained a bunch the night before so the entire hike was muddy and slick in most places.



This hike is not for everyone- there are places you could really hurt yourself, or die. Yes, that is the trail going down, down, down.

Aaron pointing out the dangers if we step off the wrong way of the trail.

Long way down but pretty.

Still the trail...


Eye of the Needle



Top of the needle

Tree hugger!

Seriously! I didn't have much control on this part - I was sliding like crazy - being on my butt was the safest, yes this is still the trail.

Is there something on my pants?

The other side of the Needle


Where we ate lunch, about 1/2 mile left to go.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

That looks beautiful, but it sure doesn't look like much of a trail. It seems like it would be easy to get lost if you weren't familiar with it. We might skip that one when we visit. :)

5Kgoatgirl said...

It is more like a goat or deer trail, probably more goatish.